Wooo Hooo Secret Pal 5 Has Started
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? When I started to knit again I have to confess I started with Lion Brand but quickly graduated to the higher quality fibers so I definitely have morphed into a yarn snob.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Don’t spin but do crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Cigarettes and strong perfume (that heavy old lady perfume…you know the kind I’m talking about) are triggers for migraines for me. So essence they are allergies of a sort.
4. How long have you been knitting? Started in elementary school and took a break from post-college till about 6 months ago. So if you don’t count the hiatus…big gulp about 34 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Definitely have an Amazon wish list…although I seem to be the only one who looks at it. And just started a Froogle wish list.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love Yankee Candles especially Home Sweet Home and anything that is apple or melon scented. I have all of the Burt’s Bees lotions and also really like anything from Lush or Bliss.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Don’t you mean a chocolate addiction! Love liquorice altoids!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Counted cross stitch, needlepoint, paint…I have many pictures that were done with cross stitch, lots of silk, variegated thread and patterns. But stopped because it was hard to easily transport my projects.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all kinds of music…like Damien Rice (have “O” which I listen to constantly), anything acoustic…definitely listen to music on the computer and also on my iPod.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love purple and red…I also gravitate to blue and pink colourways that remind of the sea and desert. Can’t stand orange.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married with one son who is 9 ½ and also have two older step-kids who live out of state (25, daughter and 21, son)
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) OK after writing a best-selling novel, seeing it made into a movie, I would love to become the director of public relations for either the Komen Foundation or a major university that does a lot of research (like Duke) in the health sciences.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love Noro brand. I am looking forward to trying Lorna’s Laces and Koigu now that I finished one sock and really enjoyed doing it.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fibers that are easily shredded and can be poked. I have made a couple of ribbon scarves (Berrocco Zen and Knit One, Knit Two Tartilette) and the jury is still out on it. Love the way they knit up but it is the getting there that is the problem.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I was bound and determined to learn how to knit socks. I put off working on gift items that needed to be completed to finish the sock. I absolutely loved the whole process.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves because they are quick, easy and transport well in a small bag., but may be supplanted by socks in the near future!
17. What are you knitting right now? Let’s see…Misty Garden from Scarf Style, Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and Sock from Socks Socks Socks. Planning to eventually knit the Flower Basket Shawl and Not Just a T-Shirt in the near future, along with more socks!
18. What do you think about ponchos? I like ponchos…actually after starting to knit again, finishing 2 scarves, I did knit a poncho (don’t shoot me it was with LB Fun fur and boucle but I didn’t know any better at the time).
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I now reach for circulars ever since I received the Denise Interchangeables.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo
21. Are you a sock knitter? Now I am
22. How did you learn to knit? Grandmother taught me in elementary school
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Mickey Mouse and Stitch; loves dogs (especially Siberian Huskies…ours is 6 ½)
25. What is your favorite holiday? I really love springtime and fall and do wish the seasons changing in Florida.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Longaberger baskets, lipstick/lipgloss, and shoes
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on…Mary Doria Russell’s new book “A Thread of Grace”