Knit Happened

Monday, August 15, 2005

Stuff Galore!!!!

First off I have to start with my Secret Pal 5 package that just came in the mail from my SP5 pal "Erin". She included another gift for E...very exciting and a new author for him to discover!!!! "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents" by Terry Pratchett. Also in my package (with my book theme) was a sheep bookmark, a very cool heart-shaped plaid pad of paper, blank notecards and can you see tha happy dance..."Loop-d-Loop" by Teva Durham. Fantastic job once again Erin. Have I said that I absolutely love my SP5 Pal!!!!



Before opening SP5 Package



After opening my SP5 Package











Knitting Update
I finished my Sock Pal's socks!!!! Done on Saturday way before I need to mail them out...a month and change ahead of schedule. Got a great tip from the Sock 101 Knitty Gritty about gusset (avoiding the holes)...the row after you pick up the stitches, knit a row through the back of the stitch like you do in the clap pattern. I am actually contemplating knitting sock one again because sock 2 came out so much better than one. I have the time and more than enough yarn.



Crusoe socks done for my sock pal!!!! One month ahead of time!!!


The ribbon shrug...on hold for awhile because I couldn't wait to cast on and start knitting FINALLY!!!!Nothing But A T-shirt...using Cascade Fixation.


Minimalist Ribbon Shrug Begun



And finally my NBaT in Fixation

I also did start the clap again and took the advice of my SP5 (have I said lately that I love my SP5?) to alternate MYC old and new skeins. It is coming out even better than clap one that I frogged. Things happen for a reason...I am almost back to where I had to frog.


Clap Redux

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger alison said…

    Can't wait to see the pics of your finished socks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home