Knit Happened

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I LOVE MYSTICAL CREATION

I don't want anyone to think that Mystical Creation is at fault with this yarn dilemma. When I saw the difference in color between the two skeins I thought that I requested a different colorway. I had originally been dabbling between two colors (Cranberries and Mimosa) and I thought it was my mistake.

Danielle told me that the first and second skeins might be different when I requested the second skein but I thought that the purples might be darker by a shade or two and the order of the colors in the dying might be different (I have done it with two different Noro Kureyons as well as Silk Garden).

I am a recent convert to high quality fibers so I really don't know all that much about hand-dying. I just was terribly disappointed that the two dye lots were so far off. This one has a predominance of yellow and I look DREADFUL in yellow.

I love my silk yarn from Mystical Creation...it feels like butter in your hands. Much better than Noro Silk Garden. In fact, many knitters were admiring my clap when I was knitting the clap at my LYS anniversary party because everyone thought the yarn was wonderful. Sent them to Danielle!

Sorry Danielle if I offended you in any way!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Debi said…

    Sorry to hear about your Clap problems, I have heard only good things about Mystical Creations and I know that you run that risk ordering handpainted yarns at different times. I have skeins of Koigu that were ALL THE SAME DYELOT and the are very different!!

    I also wanted to tell you how GREAT your Dad's socks look in the new pic!! Well done, I'm sure he will love them!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Debi said…

    Sorry hunny, no can do -- I don't do short row heels!! I dont like the way they look OR fit so no short row heels 'round here...
    I'm sure you can use whatever short row formula you usuallly use and plug it into the pattern tho. Good Luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home