Knit Happened

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Socks! Socks! Socks!

Besides Knitty's Crusoe socks for my Sock Pal. I also decided to make socks for my dad for his birthday. One down, one to go. Unfortunately I ran out of the Lorna's Laces in Pioneer (the main color naturally) so obviously need to order more. Another LYS on the other side of the bay, Uncommon Threads didn't have any more so I guess online I will go! They are Rob's Twined Rib Socks courtesy of Deb.


Dad's birthday sock in Lorna's laces Posted by Picasa

I hope to get some more of my sock pal's sock done while watching reality TV again...Rock Star and Big Brother 5.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Debi said…

    Hi Phoebe!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and wishing Pumpkin a happy birthday!

    I'm so thrilled you made my socks and enjoyed it! Yours look great!

    I used just over one skein of the Camo and about half a skein of the contrasting Cedar in the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport for a 7 inch leg and a 10.5 inch foot (men's size 10.5)

    The toddler size takes about 125 yards of sportweight yarn, 1/4 of that being for contrast. I just made a few pairs for charity and I got 2.5 pairs out of one skein of Mountain Colors (350 yards) BUT all the socks were not the same size, one pair was a bit smaller.

    Hope this helps, come back and visit anytime!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger PantyhoseGirl said…

    Nice blog, Phoebe. I know a good adult site with foot fetish pictures,
    movies and much more free stuff related to feet fetish.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home