Knit Happened

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Starting New Year's Resolutions Early

Boy...it has certainly been a long time since I last posted. One of my many new year's resolutions is to be more consistent with my postings...at the minimum twice a week. Since last we met I actually finished quite a number of projects...

1. Socks for mom in discontinued Berroco Pleasure (can you believe I totally forgot to take a picture?)

2. Another child's reverse rib scarf in Kureyon (scarf for hubby for his birthday in case socks don't quite make it to completion by 12/12) and First felted bag using Kureyon with the Booga Bag pattern.

3. FINALLY!!!! Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf for E for Halloween. He actually won a costume contest and his prize was 2 ticktes to the movies and a gift card for the concession stand. Naturally we took advantage and used the above to see Goblet of Fire when it opened on 11/18. Haven't downloaded Halloween pics yet on different memory stick.

4. Minimalist shrug...actually wore it for the first time during our Thanksgiving cruise on Carnival Victory paired with my Bucs shirt. No pic yet complete.

5. Drop-stitch scarf with Cascade 220 for my friend Liz. Modelled by E here.

6. And the biggest accomplishment was completing the Flower Basket Shawl! Yeah...followed Becky's instructions and in retrospect it was a breeze once I got into the rhythm. I also mapped out when I needed to move the stitch markers for the repeats so I are ready to go when I decide to make another one.

  Posted by Picasa










Thinking it might have to be Brooks Farm Primero in Warm Black or back to my original wish to make it in Art Fiber's Chai. It definitely would not have come out as well were it not for Stephanie's blocking instructions. Don't have that picture as we ran out of battery juice for the digital camera when I had the shawl sprawled out on the guest bed. Definitely have more blocking pins than I know what to do with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home