Knit Happened

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Manic Knitting

So last night I met up with Leslie at Fiber Arts in Odessa and knit on the first square for a Lizard Ridge afghan from the Fall '06 Knitty. Went well except I do believe it might have to be frogged back as I missed knitting one or two wrapped stitches. But one of primary reasons for going to the store other than to meet up with Leslie was to pick up yarn for my step-daughter Erin's birthday gift. I decided to knit her the Karaoke cable scarf on kpixie. Didn't like any of the Karaoke colorways that they had and so went with tried and true Malabrigo. I originally had some of the Alpine but Leslie brought me over to the bin that had Velvet Grapes and everyone heard me SQUEE across the store. Of course as soon as I got home I put the skein of the swift, cast one and got about 3 inches done. Plenty of time to get to 60 inches before April 8th!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger a blossom knits said…

    OH MY GOSH, now that looks amazing!! It looks like magic! I'm going to have to look at the other Malabrigo now that I see that knitted up. I can't wait to see it done. I'm sure she'll go nuts over it.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger clothesknit said…

    Gorgeous! And you're throwing temptation into my face -- shame on you!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger christine (threedogknits) said…

    That Velvet Grapes is beautiful. I've never seen it before. Now I have to check out Fiber Arts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home