Knit Happened

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Can't help thinking of the Wicked Witch

Well I got into the thick of knitting Poppy while I was listening to "Son of a Witch" ...and on numerous occasions kept visualizing in "The Wizard Of Oz", the Wicked Witch talking about poppies! However my Poppy isn't red and it doesn't induce sleep. It's the Poppy from Lisa Shobhana Mason's Yarnplay book, which I adore! I used a deep violet Noro Cash Iroha #60, I believe) and Lisa Souza's Max (50/50 silk and merino blend) in Lime & Violet. I absolutely love working with this yarn...(and of course her Sock yarn is to die for). Only bad thing is that after working on one sleeve using Magic Loop (for the first time) I realized that hmmm I don't think I will have enough to finish a couple more inches on the back as well as the twin sleeve. Oh Lisa!

Decisions, decisions, decisions!



Now hmmm what will I work on while I wait for more (just in case the dye lots are not spot on...I didn't want to finish one sleeve and have the other look odd so keeping fingers crossed that I won't have to frog sleeve #1 and then alternate skeins).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger christine (threedogknits) said…

    Hi Phoebe. It's Christine from threedogknits (you got my info from the Rockin Sock Club blog). Thanks for commenting on my blog! We should definitely get a group together once everyone gets their kits. I've seen 4 or 5 people on the blog who live in this area. PS: I love Monsoon! Haven't started knitting the socks yet; still cuddling the skein.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger christine (threedogknits) said…

    Hi Phoebe. Sorry, I don't have your email address. Leslie (from a blossom knits) and I were hoping to get together next week and work on our STR club socks. Want to join us? We haven't set a time or place, but we were thinking some place in Tampa that's convenient for everyone. christinepage at mac dot com to email.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home