Knit Happened

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Evidence of my Startitis

In reading Stephanie's new book, I discovered I have a really bad case of startitis. I jones to start one project and then my eyes happen upon a new project in Interweave, Knitty, something on someone's blog and away I go. I have quite a number of fornlorn projects just waiting to be finished.

Currently, I am on deadline to finish a felted purse for my friend Jill for Xmas and socks for hubby for his birthday out of Trekking XXL (#100). I have Charlene Schurch's new book "Sensational Knitted Socks". Great book! Helps with planning a pattern to use when you need to knit interesting socks for males and kids.

And now for the started and never finished pile:
1.E's Hooded Sweater (actually just need to add the hood and sew up)shhh don't tell it's Lion's Brand Homespun
2. Feather and fan scarf from Scarf Style in Jo Sharp Kid Mohair
3. Simply Marilyn from Interweave in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
4. Hour-glass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in Noro Cash Iroha
5. Alison's pattern for Nothing but a T-shirt in Cascade Fixation
6. Sivia Harding's Diamond shawl pattern in Fleece Artist
7. The other sock of my very first knitted pair

I also have my Dad's birthday socks in Lorna's Laces that I never finished but he also wasn't thrilled with them. So I am thinking of frogging and using the yarn for a knitted bow tie that is if I can find a pattern. Any hints?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Margot said…

    Yay!!! You're posting again!

    I've been stopping by here and there. Nice to read what you're up to. Can't wait to see that Gryffindor scarf.

    I think that Interweave had a pattern for a bow tie a couple years back. I'll try to look it up for you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home