Knit Happened

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back in the Blog

Dusting off around here...did it again knitted without blogging. So here is what I have been up to:

Finished my Finnish Socks in no time flat for the Knitting Olympics a week and a day after opening ceremonies. Still need to block them...love the Dale Baby Ull! So soft and cuddly!




Urgrgghhhhj!!!!! I had composed the whole post and while inserting photos lost the whole d--n thing!!!!!!!

Almost as frustrating is the other project that I just finished...the Spider-web capelet from Stitch N Bitch Nation (Debbie Stoller is visiting my LYS at the end of the month!) I knitted this project as a gift for a teenager for a party last nite. Frogged three times so cast on FOUR!!!!! First time...chugged along and realized at about row 15 out of 21 that I didn't follow the pattern by dropping stitches in rows 4 and 8. Frog #1. So I followed the pattern but the dropped stitch in these rows didn't look right or make sense so Frog #2. I realized this past Friday (during a very boring meeting that I should check to see if there were any error corrections online). Found it and followed the new row 4 and row 8 directions but that wasn't right either...it decreased the whole capelet...so you guessed it Frog #3. So then what did the analyzer in me do...logically reworked the pattern and here is what I came up with:

Row 4: k2 (slip 2 purlwise, k2tog, pass 2 stitches over, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, yo, p1)...repeat in parentheses and knit last 2

Row 8: k2 (k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, yo, p1, slip 2 purlwise, k2tog, pass 2 stitches over) and knit last 2

I finished with a couple of minutes to spare and so opted to make tassels due to time constraints (and no pom pom maker or cardboard cutouts). The pattern only needed one skein of Crystal Palace Merino Frappe with some leftover...and I even lengthened with an extra 4 rows! Plan is to make one for myself from the other skein (block it...pattern didn't mention but it could really use it) and wear it to meet Debbie! So that would be two pink projects done for Project Spectrum!




Currently working on another teenage girl gift...simple feather and fan poncho in Berger du Nord's Belle...100% silk but not as lovely to work with as Mystical Creation.

Plans are also in the works to move forward my forlorn Simply Marilyn from the backburner. Last I checked the front was about half done so that would leave the sleeves...hopefully this would be yet another Project Spectrum completion for March!

And also I need to cast on for my solk pal's socks...I have Opal Flamingo itching for cast on for Fiber Art Walking Away Socks...and project #4 for Project Spectrum. No red...geez, I'm redded out for now so I am eating lots of tomatoes to make up for it!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ina said…

    A former sock pal made me Walking Away socks - they're absolutely fabulous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home