Knit Happened

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer of Socks 2007 update

I wanted to post something really quick so that Melinda my blog reader had something new to report.
Although I had great hopes of getting a few socks completed...only one pair made it to being kitchenered closed...my second pair of Horcrux Socks. Do I dare say it again...I LOVE BLACK BUNNY!



I did get about a third of the way down the leg of Brigit...but it was hard to knit these in the car as I am using a size 0 double pointed needle as my cable needle...very slippery and it kept on sliding out. Nevertheless, Brigit did get to travel to some exciting locations including the hike up to DeSoto Falls (seen in the background).



And so in the meantime...and about time since this is my first Rockin'Sock Club that I actually got more done on than the Inside Out (still only the toe on sock #1 is knit), I cast on for the latest club knit...the Solstice Slip in Firefox lightweight. I actually really like this pattern...fast! I'm almost done with the short row heel.



In other news, the 2 colorways (Steel and Mahogany) of Zephyr that I ordered from Sarah's Yarns arrived while I was gone for Mystery Stole #3. E and I went to Tampa Bead Cafe to pick up the right beads (I actually already had some beads that would work with the Mahogany but I did get more in a different color that I thought that I would alternate). And drat, they didn't have anything smaller than a size #4 crochet hook but luckily Jo Ann did and I got #10 through #12. Although I am behind, having missed the posting of Clue #1 last Friday (and clue #2 will be up tomorrow), I decided to wait until Saturday to cast on so that I can use this knit for the Tour De France KAL. (I am a Tour fanatic...I have the live feeds bookmarked at home and at work).

3 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger mjm knitting said…

    Hi Phoebe!

    Congrats on finishing the Horcrus Socks.
    I love the colour of the Bridit socks.
    The solstice slip seems to be a very popular pattern at the moment.

    Best
    Melinda

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Lovely sock FO's and WIPs!

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Carrie K said…

    Brigitte and the falls look nice! Lots of lovely socks there!

    I want Black Bunny yarn! I was going to do a one for you, one for me on the FiberFlix swap but she never had any in stock when I checked! Grrr.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home