Knit Happened

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Does it rain in the forest?

The yarn that I ordered from Simply Socks arrived and was waiting for me at the front door when I got home. Thanks Allison for the idea to use this yarn and colorway for my hurricane pal. Yummy Fleece Artist in Rain Forest! That was the good news...the bad news was that I had a yarn winding fiasco! It took me an hour and a half (no foolin') to get my center-pull ball. I don't have a swift so I use a high-back bar chair. I was so excited to get the yarn wound and get started that I wasn't very careful with draping the skein around the chair. Can you say tangle? But in the end I do have my yarn ready to go (with a couple of tiny extra balls). Sorry hurricane pal...just shows you how excited I am to knit up this sock for YOU!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Christy said…

    OOOh yummy Fleece Artist. I did socks for my sister and they are luscious! I have a skein I'm not crazy about the colorway, but I might pull it out anyway just to knit with it!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger AllisonVZ said…

    I'm glad you like it! I liked knitting with it too.
    When I don't feel like setting up my winder, I sometimes make my husband spread his arms out wide and hold the yarn while winding. He doesn't like it much, but....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home